18 August 2011

Regulars

            After a few weeks of working four nights a week, I had begun to see familiar faces in the crowd. Men were coming back to see me. This not only shocked me, but thrilled me. Less work for me. A quick, "Hey babe, how've you been?" and I'm in the VIP making moula.
           
            The funny thing is, these guys think that because I've seen them before that they are somehow special. That I owe them privileges I don't give to anyone else, such as my phone number for example. No problem, I do what I can to keep them thinking they are different than all the other guys.

            I have this one regular who comes in randomly every so often, to this day, and takes me for one song only. All he wants to do is watch me shake my ass for 4 minutes and is on his way again. Whatever, $20 is better than zero. I usually go see him when it's not too busy so I'm not missing out on higher paying customers.

            Now, the downfall of regulars:

            I had this one guy, let's call him Beamer (he had a BMW) who was a good paying customer. He would come in every Sunday at 5pm and take me for at least 5 songs. This was awesome not only because it was guaranteed $100, but Sundays are hit and miss so it meant I always made something. That $100 a week was my rent minus utilities, guaranteed. But then he started to get really comfortable with me and tried pushing the limits.

            He was a big guy, and slightly intimidating at times. He started getting forceful with me in the VIP. As I was dancing for him, he'd grab my arms and hold me down against him so I couldn't move. In all honesty, it made me very uncomfortable and scared me a little. He would tell me every time that I belonged to him, to which I said I did not. Whenever he tried to hold me down, I'd try to stop him or say he was hurting me. One time, he pulled my hair back so hard it cracked my neck. I made it very clear he hurt me and he apologized. The problem was, he was a good regular customer of mine and I didn't want to ruin it by telling the bouncers he was being too rough and not listening.

            He would bring me very expensive boxes of chocolates but kept getting continually rougher with me. One night, we were in the VIP and he was being far too rough and I was getting quite frightened. I told him very forcefully that he had to stop or I would leave.

            He slapped me.

            He growled, "You are mine!" and tried to grab my wrist. I slapped him back, grabbed my stuff and ran to the bouncers. Enough was enough. I should have gone to them weeks ago. I told them he owed me $100, which he did, and they roughed him up on the way out after I got my money.

            From that moment onward, I didn't tolerate any kind of violence while working. You wouldn't in any other kind of job, so not here either.

No comments:

Post a Comment