18 August 2011

Learning - Four Lessons Every Beginner Should Know

            I slept in late the next day, relaxed all day and then went to my new job around 7pm. I arrived, excited and nervous. The night before, I had no idea what was going to happen. Now I felt I had to make the same amount, or more. After all, I now knew what I was in for, more or less. But getting from $0 to $600 still felt impossible. I was nervous, and knew I had a lot to learn still.

            Pimps
            The night goes about the same. I talk to everyone. Standing by the bar are a few young men. I go talk to one of them, see if he wants a dance. He's very flirty, and complements me on everything and anything. Asks me if he could get my number, we could go out for coffee sometime. I politely decline and walk away once I know it's not going anywhere. The manager comes up to me not long after and says, as politely as he can, that I should avoid "black men", especially young ones. I thank him, not knowing why. Later I learn that it is because they are most likely pimps. Thinking back, I realise now that's exactly who they were.

            Towels
            At another table two middle aged men are sitting and watching the show. I go over to them and they ask me to sit down with them. I oblige. As I'm sitting down, one of the men gestures at the chair and asks if I have a towel to sit on. I say, slightly confused, that I do not. Again, the manager later tells me that I should bring a towel with me so that I can sit on it at the tables. That way I don't get anything from the chairs on me, seeing as I am wearing a thong. Makes sense. I went and bought a purple bandana from the dollar store the next day.

            Schedule vs. Freelance
            As mentioned earlier, I had been asked when I first registered if I was on schedule or freelance. At the time, I had no idea what this meant. When a girl is "on schedule" it means she needs to be at the club for a certain time and cannot leave before a certain time. So, basically like being on shift at any other job. Generally, the night shifts are 6pm-1am or 7pm-2am. You are also required to do at least 3 stage shows throughout the night. At the end of your shift, you are paid by the club (the amount depends on the club), and your floor fee is covered. Freelance means you can come and go whenever you want. You are only required to do 1 stage show, however you are not paid by the club and you owe the club money at the end of the night. The amount depends again. I've seen it be anywhere from $30 to $90. Of course, these fees differ between clubs.

            Licenses
            Before starting at any club, you should find out what the laws are in that area. I know that the rules in Canada and the US are very different. For example, in many areas of the states, women are not allowed to get naked, only topless. Also, there are regulations on the outfits they can wear. When I was starting dancing in August, I was trying to research any of these rules in Ontario, but everything I found was for the States. Not useful. In Canada, or at least in Ontario, there are no limits to what you can wear in the strip clubs. You could walk around naked if you want to (but it's not recommended…). Anyway, the only main thing to look out for are licenses. Some regions you can work, you need a license. In downtown Toronto and some of the GTA region, you need to be licensed. This can be done by going to the police station, with government issued ID (I believe it's two pieces, with photos). The fee in Toronto is around $350 for the year, but it changes regularly. In Niagara Falls, the fee is $120.           

            By the end of my first night, I had earned almost $700. I bought a $500 Honda Civic, that was as old as I was, the next day. Certainly not glamorous but it had 4 wheels and got me from point A to point B. My first car. I was thrilled.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info I found your blog through Google I am 26 and looking in to getting into the stripping industry and to have info from a stripper from Ontario where I am from is great and I hope that you can also help me out with getting started, I am in the Thunder Bay area but looking to work elsewhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was pretty fucking offensive. Most black men who go to clubs are not pimps, and to imply or say that is racist. As a black woman who works at a club I know my damn people. You really need to check yourself, and your bigoted knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try reading you silly cow. Her boss said this not her . Besides truth hurts ?

      Delete
    2. I understand your anger. I'm a black woman. Ive worked in retail and my boss and employees were low key racist always watching out for black customers. It's disgusting. But I've had personal experiences with black men being disrespectful since they may find me attractive. I hate the stereotypes. But I see it as a byproduct of slavery: not the same opportunities for us hence higher poverty rates, etc. Hip hop and rap lyrics don't help either.

      Delete
    3. If you read it actually said that her manager told her to watch out for the black men, young ones, to be precise. She thanked him NOT KNOWING WHY, then LEARNED it was because they were called pimps, and finally REALIZED thats NOT WHO THEY WERE. Don't be so quick to try to read between the lines or make it bout race.

      Delete
    4. All of the aforementioned comments are incorrect. @MeowMeow I can see how one can interpret her statements as implying that all black men are pimps, but that isn't what she said. To the other commenters, maybe next time make sure you read correctly before trying to correct another. This blogger wrote that her manager, in the most polite way, said that she should "AVOIF BLACK MEN." END QUOTE. She, the blogger, voiced that at the time she didnt understand why and thanked him, and that "SHE LATER LEARNED THAT THEY ARE MOST LIKELY PIMPS." So One can certainly infer that she is generally connecting black men with being pimps. She went on to say that she learned that the black guys that were there on that particular night, were in fact pimps. Sheesh.

      Delete
  3. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

    Start following our signals right now & make up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so useful... I'm in my last year of college and I'm considering this to help pay for expenses. I tried sugaring but I don't like it: the men, the searching.. And the money is so unstable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tread carefully. I am out of the business now, but looking back I was lucky to get out when I did. Things get intense and dark, quickly. Be careful, and have a plan to get out if you decide to go for it. In the 4 years I danced, the industry changed a lot (as the economy changed, etc.) and it changed me.

      Delete